Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Let's start the reveal!

Hello folks! Yesterday I promised I would "come clean", so here it is. You will see what my house looks like if you were to just show up at my door, right now. I am going to start with the main level of our home.

Let's begin with the family room, or as we call it, the play room. This room is multi-functional. It acts as space for the kids to play, for us to hang out as a family, play board games, read books and even watch an occasional movie. It also houses my office area where I blog, work on websites, update my etsy shop, pay bills, and a million other things!


Let's talk about what's working in this room. The ottoman has tons of storage - this rocks. Currently we are using one for toys, one for board games, one for blankets, and one for my office supplies related to my online etsy shop.


The shelving unit works great for the kids books and toys, but even though I always vow to only keep toys that fit in it in the playroom, other toys gradually start to trickle in and what doesn't fit in this unit, overcrowds the space. Plus, I need to find a better labeling system so that the kids can put their toys away more easily.


And there is an embarrassing amount of clutter "hiding" behind the half wall, one of those out of site, out of mind areas.


What definitely isn't working for me is my office space. I have too much stuff for such a small space. I either need to minimize the amount of clutter in this area, or I need to expand on the storage that I currently have available. Maybe a little of both? I also need to figure out a better way to update my etsy shop from this space without it intruding on our family area.

Phew! I almost feel better now that I've shared this. Now it's time to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment