Monday, April 9, 2012

Family Binder

Just a quick post today - I am nearing the end of my desk organization project and I'm super happy with the way it is turning out! I already feel happier and more motivated as I sit here. One thing that came about as I was organizing my desk was that I needed a central place to store important documents that I refer to on a regular basis. Not something that I have to dig up out of a filing cabinet, but something that is easy to refer to when I need the information. Normally these documents would be in one of my drawers along with all kinds of other paper "junk", and if I needed to access them I would be rummaging through this massive pile until I found what I was looking for. So many times I couldn't find it only to find it on a second or even third search through "the pile".

So as I was sorting through all of my loose paperwork, I pulled aside these documents and put them into plastic sleeves into a binder. Now I can simply grab the binder and access the info that I need. Some examples of what is in this binder are the summary sheet of important information for my daughter's school, our current insurance policies, mortgage papers and current property tax bill.

This will eventually turn into what I am calling the "Family Binder", there's lots of work to be done but it's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment